Ayyankali Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme
Ayyankali Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme aims to provide a strong, rights- based social safety net for the people in the urban areas of Kerala by giving a fall-back employment source, when other employment alternatives are scarce or inadequate.
Here in Kochi we got 3100 applicants and as per the part of the program we submitted an action plan of Rs 4662000/- and labour buget of Rs 6993000/- to DPC.
To enhance livelihood security in urban areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
Minimum Entitlements of Workers:
1. The adult members of every household who reside in urban areas and are willing to do unskilled manual work may register their names with the municipal corporation/ municipality, in the jurisdiction of which they reside.
2. Following the procedure under Ayyankali Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme, the Urban Local Body shall issue job cards to all workers who register under the scheme within 15 days of registration.
3. Every Adult member of a registered household whose name appears in the job card shall be entitled to apply for unskilled manual work under the scheme for as many days as the applicant may request, subject to a maximum of 100 days per household in a given financial year.
4. The applicant shall be provided unskilled manual work within 15 days of receipt of application or on the date he/she seeks work in the case of advance application whichever is later.
5. Priority shall be given to women in such a way that at least 50% of the beneficiary shall be women.
6. Applicant for work will be given a dated receipt.
7. Applicants who are provided with work shall be so intimated in writing and by a public notice displayed at the office of the urban local body.
8. As far as possible employment will be provided within a radius of 5 kms of the residence of the applicant.
9. In case employment is provided outside such radius the workers shall be paid 10% of the wage rate as extra wages.
10. The workers will be paid the wage rate applicable to Mahatma Gandhi NREGS from time to time.
The focus of the scheme shall be on the following works:
1. Water conservation and water harvesting
2. Drought proofing (including afforestation, tree plantation and greening activities)
3. Micro irrigation works
4. Provision of irrigation facility to land owned by households belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and to land belonging to BPL and beneficiaries of Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
5. Renovation of traditional water bodies including desilting of tanks
6. Land development
7. Flood control and protection works including drainage in water logged areas.
8. Supplementary works in clusters covered in BSUP/HSDP/KSUDP
9. Renovation works in colonies
10. Clearing of debris/waste accumulated in public places
Works of the following nature are prohibited under the scheme:
(i) Formation, metalling, tarring and repair of roads