There are five streams of activity in-plan
1) Constitution of SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) – the SPV is a critical institution for the implementation of the Proposal. The SPV will be owned by GOK and KMC with 50%-50% shareholding pattern. The suggested Board of Directors is given below:
§ Chairperson (Chief Secretary,)
§ Representatives appointed by GOK
§ Central Government nominee, appointed by MoUD
§ Independent Directors as per companies Act requirements
2) Monitoring and Review – in-line with the three-tier institutional structure at City, State and National levels planned under the Smart City Guidelines.
3) Preparatory actions and implementation roll-out – the SPV will take stock of the preparatory status and will prepare an implementation roll-out plan within three months of it its first board meeting
4) Procurement and contracting – this will significantly improve the attractiveness of the project for private participation
5) Sustainable O & M – the SPV will either handle the O & M on its own or delegate it to line agencies or private service providers depending on the nature of arrangements for implementing different components.